Date Posted: 23/06/2017
Life Environmental Services- UK – Bishops Stortford, Stockport and Glasgow - Up to 22K dependent on experience
Life Environmental Services is one of the UK’s leading environmental compliance and risk management consultancies. We specialise in providing solutions for organisations to ensure they remain compliant when managing environmental risks presented by hazards such as asbestos, fire and water. Due to significant contract wins we are seeking candidates to fill the above vacancies.
Each role is multi-skilled, so we require either a P401 qualified asbestos bulk analyst with experience or an aptitude for customer administration OR an experienced technical administrator who would like to become qualified as a Lab Analyst and become a multi skilled Lab Analyst/ Customer Administrator. Training will be provided on all aspects of the role. This role champions overall service delivery to our clients to agreed service levels.
Laboratory duties include but are not limited to:
- Bulk analysis of asbestos samples taken in the field to provide certainty of whether the sample contains asbestos or not in accordance with HSG 248
- Input sample results on electronic data system and cross check with surveyor data
- Laboratory Housekeeping
- Participation in the external AIMS scheme
- Timely monthly quality control checks
- Monthly reporting of exposure records & RPE inspections
- Assisting in calibration and minor repair of equipment
- Stock control of laboratory consumables
- Completion of bulk analysis certificates
Customer Project Support duties include but are not limited to:
- Supporting Project Managers with a wide variety of administrative and logistical duties to ensure service delivery excellence in maintained.
- Supporting with invoicing & debt recovery process for various projects
- Liaising with clients and field staff to ensure that site services are undertaken in a timely manner
- Dealing with queries from clients in regards to report content, service delivery and programme scheduling
- Set up and monitoring of projects with associated RAMs.
- Planning & programming upcoming works with Project Managers to achieve operational and commercial efficiency.
- Liaising with other regions to support national clients.
- Ensuring reports are issued to clients in a timely manner in line with the project / contract specifications
- Issuing of purchase orders to approved suppliers
Customer Report Delivery duties include but are not limited to:
- Producing technical reports for buildings to strict deadlines - in selected document templates using data from a bespoke SQL database.
- Pre-checking of data and photographs in SQL database
- Making additions or changes to data as appropriate
- Production of plans using CAD-based proprietary software
- Meticulous checking of formatting, spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Initial ‘sense’ checking of conclusions and recommendations
- Liaison with technical site staff and Project Managers to progress any queries
- Electronic delivery of reports to clients, and initial receipt of any feedback/queries
- Maintain effective electronic storage of data and documents for individual jobs, with full traceability of any amendments and correspondence
- Liaison with various departments to expedite information in order to meet delivery targets.
Desired Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- P401 BOHS Bulk Analyst or equivalent (if a qualified bulk analyst)
- At least 3 months experience as a Bulk Analyst (if a qualified bulk analyst)
- Homogeneity of ACMs (if a qualified bulk analyst)
- Uses of ACMs in Buildings
- Demonstrate understanding of RGA and Quality Manuals (if a qualified bulk analyst)
- Demonstrate understanding of legislation and Quality systems
- Experience in supporting/ administration of technical data or projects
- Knowledge in technical buildings/ property and H&S terminology
- strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel and Word
- meticulous attention to detail, with excellent spelling and grammar skills
- diligent and tenacious approach to achieving tight deadlines
- self-managing by continually assessing changing priorities and amending own work plan accordingly
- effective interpersonal skills within a team environment
Advantageous Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- knowledge of asbestos risks, fire risk assessments or legionella
- Other qualifications in Lab Analysis (ie Legionella) or Health and Safety
- Knowledge and experience in customer portals/ uploads – ie Shine, MICAD
- Experience in using drawing packages – ie CAD
Please submit your covering letter and CV to email@example.com« Back to careers