Date Posted: 05/12/2016
Stockport - £18,000 p/a (dependent on experience)
Closing Date: 30/06/2017
Do you want to be part of an exciting, dynamic company?
Do you want your ideas to be listened to and for you to make a difference?
Life Environmental are one of the largest Independent UKAS accredited* asbestos, fire and legionella consultancies in the UK. We actively promote ideas from our staff so that we all progress and make a difference - the company to our clients and the staff to each other and their career with us.
• Administration: - Provide general administrative support. Email work out to site staff. Booking in surveys. Complete booking forms. Progress Report compilation. Data Input Scanning Photocopying.
• Operations: - Set up project numbers. Set up method statements (for approval and completion by the Project Manager). Acknowledge incoming tasks appropriately. Identify how requests from clients might create conflicting priorities. Judge how best to prioritise the incoming requests/tasks. Inform clients of any progress or delay as appropriate. When working with more than one client simultaneously, ensure that all receive a good standard of customer service. Organising survey dates, access requirements, booking plant equip, parking, permits.
• General Responsibilities - Ensuring Security of information. Demonstrate a clear understanding of the principles of data protection and how they apply to your area of work. Ensure that information is recorded, stored and retrieved in a way which gives due regard to data protection requirements and any other local requirements. Ensure that, in your communication with clients and colleagues (both written and oral), you give due regard to data protection requirements.
• Provide functional expertise in an administrative process: - Identify how information governance, including data protection and Freedom of Information legislation, relates to your area of work. Identify policies and procedures which relate to the various areas of your work. Know how and when to access policies and procedures relating to how information should be recorded and stored. Follow policies and procedures when working with information.
• Manage the Project Library of documents and ensure storage in the correct location: - Manage client information. Confirm that the central diary is up to date and the status of upcoming jobs.
• Working Safely: - Demonstrate an understanding of how health and safety policies and procedures relate to your work environment and area of work. Take responsibility for keeping your work area hazard free. Work in a way which does not pose a threat to the health and safety of yourself or others. Follow emergency procedures appropriately and effectively. Know when and how to report an emergency which threatens the safety of yourself and/or others.
Strong Excel skills & attention to detail. Differentiate between tasks which are urgent, important and less important. Prioritise tasks according the level of need for completion. Plan to complete tasks in a logical order. Complete tasks to required standards, and in line with local policies and procedures. Monitor your work at regular intervals to take account of new priorities and adapt your plans accordingly. Listen effectively in order to understand clients’ needs/views. Understand and be able to use the most commonly-used terminology linked to relevant specialised areas of your work. Recognise how your non-verbal signals may affect others. Speak with clients in a way which promotes a positive view of you and your department/organisation. When working with more than one client simultaneously, maintain appropriate interaction with all those involved. Communicate with clients in a way which takes into account equality & diversity and data protection requirements Estimate the time, effort and resources needed to carry out tasks. Use an appropriate system, such as a ‘to do’ list, to plan your time and tasks. Work effectively to deadlines agreed with your line manager and/or clients.
The successful candidate will have 2 years+ administration experience. Previous experience of scheduling work for surveyors/engineers is essential.
Previous experience within the Asbestos industry desirable.
Please send your CV and covering letter to HR@lifeenvironmental.com
Life Environmental Services is an equal opportunities employer.« Back to careers